- The medial and lateral menisci are two large C-shaped cartilages that are positioned on the top of the tibia bone at the knee.
- A torn meniscus may occur due to a trauma caused by forceful twisting or hyper-flexing of the knee joint.
- Symptoms of a torn meniscus may include pain, swelling, popping, and instability of the knee.
- Treatment options for a torn meniscus may include surgery to repair or remove the damaged meniscus when conservative treatment options have failed.
Surgery Options May Include:
- Arthroscopic Meniscectomy or Repair
- Arthroscopic Chondroplasty